Welcome, we look forward to meeting you! At RYAN we want to ensure your success. As you enter the next step, the Interview Process, we have provided some tips for when you meet with RYAN.
Research RYAN: Explore the rest of our website to learn more about RYAN.
- Develop a question list; ask us about our company and working here
- Review our organization's background
- Assess our products, services and client-base.
- Read recent News for insights on our growth and stability
Compare your skills and qualifications to the job requirements.
Plan what to wear.
- Analyze the job description. Outline the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Examine the hierarchy. Determine where the position fits within the organization.
- Look side-by-side. Compare what the employer is seeking to your qualifications.
- Conservative business attire, such as a neutral-colored suit and professional shoes, is best.
- If instructed to dress “business casual,” use good judgment.
- Make sure your clothes are neat and wrinkle-free.
- Be sure that your overall appearance is neat and clean.
Plan what to bring.
- Extra copies of your resume on quality paper
- A notepad or professional binder and pen
- A list of references
A portfolio with samples of your work, if relevant
- Pay attention to non-verbal communication.
- Be mindful. Nonverbal communication speaks volumes.
- Start ahead. Remember that waiting room behaviors may be reported.
- Project confidence. Smile, establish eye contact and use a firm handshake.
- Posture. Sit up straight yet comfortably. Be aware of nervous gestures such as foot-tapping.
- Be attentive. Don't stare, but maintain good eye contact, while addressing all aspects of an interviewer's questions.
- Manage reactions. Facial expressions provide clues to your feelings. Manage how you react, and project a positive image.
- Many interviews end with “Do you have any questions?” Bring a list of questions
- Cover information not found on our website, ask about position tasks, and other employees on the project.
- What do you consider the most important criteria for success in this job?
- Tell me about the organization’s culture.
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- What are the opportunities for advancement?
- What are the next steps in the hiring process?